viernes, 23 de marzo de 2012

Davie continues to live in our hearts




When I saw Davie Cooper play, I was surprised by his talent, was a talented, was one of those players who had the ability to stop the ball and find the partner best placed. Magic had a left demonic. He did not hide the challenges, facing opponents, feint, almost always left behind, he knew to have the ball (an attribute difficult to find these days), did pass by the defenders, they were evicted, they you were watching.

I remember that I learned of his death by reading the French magazine France Footballseveral weeks after the situation, I was shocked at that time, stood in a corner and stayed for a few minutes thinking about the situation. Davie was for me, one of the icons(along with Ally McCoist) of my first approaches to the Rangers. Although Davie went to Motherwell in the same year that I became a fan of The Rangers. Whenever I read in France Football or Guerin Sportivo that Davie had a goal, immediately I thought, sure was a free kick. In Argentina, in the early 90's, VHS videos appeared with goals from around the world in one of the country's most prestigious magazine, "El Gráfico", there were many goals, including Cooper.

This is my reminder, 17 years after the passing of an idol, but the spirit of the game is in our minds.


No hay comentarios:


Nikica Jelavic 18

Nikica Jelavic 18

We Are Not Neil Lennon!

We Are Not Neil Lennon!

Spot The Difference

Spot The Difference