viernes, 7 de octubre de 2011

Meeting between Rangers fans




Friends, today I woke up with my Twitter account hacked and Gmail box full of complaints. I am very angry. I already changed the passwords on my accounts, and I hope things will be restored soon. My intention was always to build a bridge with all The Rangers fans, because I feel one more. You have always given me their support. I do not want our relationship is damaged by an idiot, or others.

Let me tell you something very nice. Yesterday, come to La Plata, David Roper, a genial man, who lives in Paisley and is a fan, a true fan of The Rangers. He came to visit Argentina and elsewhere in the region. One of the things that surprised me is that he intends to meet the diversity of places that are here. I was telling him that Argentines do not often travel across Argentina. He will travel across the country on a motorcycle, a true journey.

I took him to a traditional brewery from my hometown, where the beer is always served with peanuts, a rare Argentine ritual. Another strange custom in this place they serve peanuts with shells and people with open hands and throw the shells on the floor! In Argentina, one of the best beers are called “Quilmes”, originating from a region near my city and tradition in the rest of the country. Although paradoxically, the current owners of Quilmes are Brazilian!! Although I want to try the Tennent´s!! I do not get it here.

We talked for many hours, beers through on the club´s history on Super-Ally, Gazza, Old Firms, the Battle of Britain against Leeds United, on Argentina, how is life in Scotland, my next trip to Scotland, England and Northern Ireland.

David told me many anecdotes. David brought me an order I did The Rangers Store (Bocanegra´s shirt, a retro 1972 Cup Winners´ Cup, etc), some gifts and he recorded a CD all the songs on The Rangers. Tonight, I invited David and Martin Becerra, an Argie fan of Leeds United, to the River stadium to watch the game between Argentina and Chile and Saturday, I´ll do an Asado to honor my friend, well known from of my family.

Today we´ll go to the stadium with Rangers tops. So far it has not stopped raining, so we will be a little wet. In the coming days will show you the photos.

We Are The People

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

Super :-X I also want to have my experiences with supporters of Glasgow Rangers, but I'm from Romania :-(


Nikica Jelavic 18

Nikica Jelavic 18

We Are Not Neil Lennon!

We Are Not Neil Lennon!

Spot The Difference

Spot The Difference