miércoles, 1 de junio de 2011

I wish grandfather had lived to see me become Gers boss




WALTER SMITH has revealed one of his biggest regrets is that his grandfather never got the chance to see him in the Ibrox dugout. Smith has stood down as Rangers boss after winning 21 trophies across two spells. But the man who sparked his love affair with the club wasn't alive to see him join the coaching staff under Graeme Souness in 1986.
Speaking in the STV documentary Walter Smith: The Football Years, he recalled: "I can remember kicking a ball about in his house as a youngster."I have early memories of Don Kitchenbrand, Johnny Hubbard and others but it was my grandfather who started me on the trail of supporting Rangers."My family were delighted when I first went to Ibrox. "I was just disappointed my grandfather had died. He would have wanted to see it."

No hay comentarios:


Nikica Jelavic 18

Nikica Jelavic 18

We Are Not Neil Lennon!

We Are Not Neil Lennon!

Spot The Difference

Spot The Difference